There is nothing easy about dealing with eating disorders, but here at CEDM, we can help!
Fill out our form for a confidential comprehensive eating disorder evaluation.
How Can I Accept, let alone Love my Body?
Research shows that psychotherapy, especially cognitive therapy (also known as cognitive behavioral therapy), is the most effective way for people to overcome body image disorder. Understanding the social and familial roots of body image expectations, learning to challenge these beliefs, and becoming a body-positive advocate the key pieces for recovery.
Tips From Top Experts
Tools recommended by top researchers in the field of body image treatment include the following:
- Create a self-assessment of how your negative body image developed
- Keep diaries about events that surround moments of body image dissatisfaction
- Relaxation training
- Desensitize yourself to body exposure through imagination and systematic desensitization
- Identify negative body image thoughts and begin the work of adjusting those errors in judgment
- Identify and challenge self-defeating and avoidant behaviors
- Develop new strategies to deal with difficult events and people that provoke negative body image
- Create and practice relapse prevention strategies, with a professional’s
Call CEDM at (603) 472-2846 to talk to our Intake Coordinator today.
360 Route 101, Unit 10
Bedford, NH 03110
11 Court Street, Unit 210
Exeter, NH 03833
40 Shattuck Road, Suite 250
Andover MA 01810
152 Sylvan Street, Suite 2A
Danvers, MA 01923